Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, this week’s topic: 10 books recently added to your to-read list. So without further ado, some new books I want to read:
1. Mosquitoland by David Arnold – sounds quirky and has received rave reviews!
2. Delicious Foods by James Hannaham – sounds intriguing in that crack (the drug) is an actual character in this book.
3. The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah – it may be yet another WWII book but there is tons of buzz about it!
4. A Kim Jong-Il Production by Paul Fischer – the premise sounds wacky and, even crazier, it’s a true story! I definitely want to make time for this non-fiction read.
5. Noughts & Crosses by Malorie Blackman – the first book in a YA thriller trilogy about racism.
6. The Enchanted by Rene Denfeld – this has received rave reviews and is being marketed as Stephen King meets Alice Sebold!
7. A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab – people seem to love this author and this is her newest fantasy novel!
8. The Secret Wisdom of the Earth by Christopher Scotton – a gritty Southern coming-of-age novel that sounds very moving.
9. The Soup Club Cookbook by Courtney Allison, Tina Carr, Caroline Laskow, & Julie Peacock – I really like the sound of starting a soup club with friends!
10. The Lost Sisterhood by Anne Fortier – who wouldn’t want to read this book after reading this excerpt: “Sweeping from England to North Africa to Greece and the ruins of ancient Troy, and navigating between present and past, The Lost Sisterhood is a breathtaking, passionate adventure of two women on parallel journeys, separated by time, who must fight to keep the lives and legacy of the Amazons from being lost forever.”?