I know that new year resolutions are out of vogue these days but I think it doesn’t hurt to strive for some lifestyle changes or even concrete numeric aims (even if you fall short). Good intentions can only help, right?
2017 was a pretty crazy (but good) year for us. We moved (while I was in my last trimester…eek!), had our adorable baby boy this summer, lived the sleep-deprived life of 2 under 2 for half the year, and my hubby got a promotion. Looking ahead, I’m hoping for more positive changes and for us to continue getting used to having two littles and all of the challenges and cuteness they bring. My goals or resolutions or whatever you want to call them are as follows:
- Workout 3 times a week. I need to have a more active lifestyle now that the pregnancy and newborn phases are over. I’d like to take classes at my local YMCA 2 or 3 times a week and then maybe add some rock climbing at the climbing gym too.
- Read 50 books. This was my reading goal for 2017 too and I fell short (only finishing 35) but I think it’s a reachable number for 2018.
- Self-publish my book. I wrote a book about kids activities and just need to add some more photos/illustrations and do some formatting so I think it’s pretty realistic that I can publish it and knock this off of my bucket list in 2018.
- Try to blog on a more regular basis. Even if it’s only once or twice a week, I would be happy with that.
- Work on getting a repertoire of fast/easy dinners for cooking at home. I have a few but I need to add more so that we have a bigger variety of dinners. It’s too unrealistic for me to attempt more complicated or time-consuming dinners that I’ve done in the past – life with littles just doesn’t allow it.
- Limit social media time. I find whenever there is a lull in my life I reach for my phone and waste time scrolling. Instead, I should be more present in my life even if the kiddos are happily playing by themselves.
And that’s it! I think those are pretty reasonable and reachable goals for the new year. Only time will tell! What are your resolutions for the year/month/week?