I only managed to read 35 books in 2017 but I still managed to read some greats that are worth sharing. The following are my favorite books that I read in 2017:
- The Enchanted by Rene Denfeld – this one starts off slow but is a beautiful yet disturbing book filled with magic and, oddly enough, is from the viewpoint of an inmate on death row.
- Where’d You Go Bernadette by Maria Semple – this book was a big favorite a few years ago and I finally got around to reading it. I can’t believe I put it off for so long – fantastic and quirky read.
- We the Animals by Justin Torres – this gritty and emotional slim novel is a coming of age story that almost reads like a collection of short stories that feature the same characters.
- The Lost Book of the Grail by Charlie Lovett – such a fun read! I especially recommend it to lovers of Arthurian stories and/or English history. The main character is such a curmudgeon (but a lovable one).
- Dark Matter by Blake Crouch – oddly enough I read several books in 2017 regarding multiple universes and this was my favorite of the bunch.
Fluff: The Hating Game by Sally Thorne – a fun romantic comedy that has well-deserved rave reviews across the blogosphere.
Nonfiction: The Secrets of Happy Families by Bruce Feiler – I already want to re-read this one! There were a lot of great ideas in this book that I definitely want to use with my family now and in the future.
And there you have it, my favorite books of 2017! It’s a pretty eclectic list if I say so myself. Hopefully, 2018 brings even more amazing favorite books to share with you all next year.