So many books to read, so little time! I wanted to share a list of books I hope to read during my upcoming beach vacation. Now, in all likelihood, I’ll be lucky to finish even one book because I’ll be scrambling after my little one – but a girl can dream right? In an alternate universe, here is my beach reading list:
1) Boy’s Life by Robert McCammon. I started this and then life got in the way. I’d love to finish it during this trip as I’ve wanted to read this sucker for a long time now.
2) Connectography: Mapping the Future of Global Civilization by Parag Khanna. I find this sort of thing fascinating and after reading an interview with this author, I’d love to pick this up as a meatier beach read.
3) Now, for something on the fluffier side, Nine Women, One Dress by Jane L. Rosen would definitely fit the bill. Gotta love some light chick lit for a beach read every once in awhile!
4) I also wouldn’t mind reading Bad Feminist by Roxane Gay. It made a lot of “Best of 2015” lists so I’m hoping it should be an interesting nonfiction option.
5) Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll has been touted as the new must-read thriller – great for the beach!
6) I still haven’t read Where’d You Go Bernadette by Maria Semple! Definitely on the beach reading list.
7) We Were Liars by E. Lockhart is another book that I’ve been meaning to read for awhile now. It’s a shorter book, so maybe I could actually finish this one?? We’ll see…
8) Lastly, Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty has received tons of buzz and praise so I want to check it out!
Like I said, if I finish one book this trip I’ll be shocked but if this were a reading-heavy trip this would be my list. In reality, I’ll likely be busy building sandcastles with my nieces and nephews which is way more fun anyways!