Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, this week’s topic: Top 10 ALL TIME favorite authors. Wow, this is a tough one, here’s what I’ve got:
1. Khaled Hosseini – granted, his books aren’t exactly uplifting (I always know to have a box of tissues nearby) but I have never been disappointed with his writing nor his beautiful stories.
2. Patrick Rothfuss – while he has not yet come out with the third book of the Kingkiller Chronicles, his first two books were so impressive that Rothfuss easily makes my list of all-time faves.
3. L.M. Montgomery – a wonderful female writer that created one of the most endearing characters in literature. Not only do I love the Anne series but also really enjoy her little novel The Blue Castle.
4. J.D. Salinger – I just love his writing style. Catcher in the Rye and Franny and Zooey still remain some of my most favorite novels.
5. Hermann Hesse – I have yet to read his full catalog, but all the novels I have completed are thought-provoking and so well-written. I definitely plan to read Steppenwolf in the near future!
7. Ray Bradbury – Of course, he is loved for Farenheit 451 and The Martian Chronicles, both of which are fantastic. But my favorite of his is a quieter novel called Dandelion Wine.
8. Patrick Ness – He is on this list purely for the Chaos Walking Trilogy which I love so much. I still have to read some of his newer work, but wow does Mr. Ness know how to pull on some heartstrings!
9. F. Scott Fitzgerald – while The Great Gatsby is a definite favorite, Fitzgerald’s position is solidified on this list thanks to my favorite of his works, Tender is the Night.
10. And lastly, I have a lot of great go-to authors for fluffier reads. I couldn’t just pick one so I’m cheating here 🙂 You can’t go wrong with any of these authors when looking for a good beach book! It’s a three-way tie between Lauren Willig, Sarah Addison Allen, and Susanna Kearsley.